Redmi already introduced the Note 12 line to the market with impressive features and affordable prices, but anyone who thinks the company will stop there is mistaken. Kacper Skrzypek claims that the company has been working on another member of the family of devices.
According to the leaker, this new phone will be called the Redmi Note 12 Turbo and include a Qualcomm Snapdragon as its chipset. Despite this, he doesn’t even specify the precise kind of chipset that the Chinese company will use.
However, the Note 12 Turbo is internally referred to by the codename “marble” for those who wish to follow Redmi’s future developments.
Redmi Note 12 Turbo appears in a leak
Gizchina News of the week
Although the Redmi Note 12 Turbo is a supposedly newer smartphone, there won’t be many design changes. With that, there is a likelihood that it will resemble the Redmi Note 12 quite a bit. Here’s a reminder of the specifications of the standard Note 12.
Redmi Note 12 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1200 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 6nm Mobile Platform (2 GHz x 2 A78-based +1.8GHz x 6 A55-based Kryo CPUs) with Adreno GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 165.88×76.21×7.98mm; Weight: 188g
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA (n1/n3/n5/n8/n28/n40/n78), NSA (n1/n3/n40/n78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The leaker also verified that the Note 12 Turbo will initially exclusively be marketed in the Indian market. With this, it is evident that in China or other nations, it might have a different name.
We are presently lacking more information regarding the other technical specs. Redmi hasn’t made any public comments about the situation either.
This leaves us with little choice except to wait for the upcoming Note 12 Turbo leaks or official word from the Chinese company.