If you were one of the early adopters in China and picked up an iPad on the day of release in China you may have been a bit disappointed to find it was shipped with iOS 3.2.2 which, at the time, couldn’t be Jailbroken.
Luckily for you (and me) a new exploit and software to Jailbreak your 3.2.2 running iPad called Limera1n has just been released. I’ve tried it myself and it’s a piece of cake.
Here’s what you need:
- an iPad (duh!)
- a Windows pc (Mac and Linux versions of the Limera1n Jailbreak are in the works)
- the latest version of iTunes (I used 10.1) Heres the link if you don’t already have iTunes.
- and finally the Limera1n Jailbreak software from here
Here’s what to Jailbreak
- Once everything is downloaded make sure your iPad has a decent amount of charge and connect it to your PC via USB. Ignore any messages that pop and you can minimise iTunes.
- Now your iPad is plugged in open the Limerain.exe from the desktop. Limera1n will open as a dialoge bow with a button saying ‘Make it Rain’ click on the button and follow the instructions.
- The first instructions will tell you to hold the power and home buttons together, after a short time you’ll be told to release the power button.
- Your iPad will now be in DFU mode.
- Wait a few moments (it took seconds for me) and you will get the message that your iPad is now Jailbroken 🙂
- Turn on the iPad’s WIFI and look for the white app icon with called Limera1n. Open the app and Limera1n will look for apps to install. The only one your interested in is Cydia. Choose it and install then wait.
- Your iPad will reboot and you will now have a new green (lime) raindrop colored app icon and a Cydia app.
Enjoy your newly Jailbroken iPad!!