Japanese electronics giant, Toshiba have just launched a website featuring photos and information about its upcoming Android tablet.
The, as of yet, unnamed tablet will run the tablet optimized version of Android, 3.0 Honeycomb will get a Nvida Tegra 2 chip-set. Other than the chip-set, the latest Android OS and the fact the rear plate comes in a choice of colours, the rest of the specification is typical Android tablet hardware that can actually be found now on devices such as the GS30 tablet from Leader in China.
- CPU: Nvidia Tegra 2
- Display: 10.1-inch capacitive multi-touch
- Ports: MiniUSB, HDMI, USB, Full-size SD card slot
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Cameras: 5MP, 2MP (front/rear)
- Battery: User replaceable (with screwdriver)
- OS: Android Honeycomb
- Special: Replaceable back cover in 5 colors
No, pricing or launch details have been confirmed yet, but we can hazard a guess that the Toshiba tablet will cost considerably more than the similarly spec’d GS30 Android Tablet.
Follow us on Twitter for more Android tablet news and information.