Japanese electronics giant, Toshiba have just launched a website featuring photos and information about its upcoming Android tablet.
The, as of yet, unnamed tablet will run the tablet optimized version of Android, 3.0 Honeycomb will get a Nvida Tegra 2 chip-set. Other than the chip-set, the latest Android OS and the fact the rear plate comes in a choice of colours, the rest of the specification is typical Android tablet hardware that can actually be found now on devices such as the GS30 tablet from Leader in China.
Gizchina News of the week
- CPU: Nvidia Tegra 2
- Display: 10.1-inch capacitive multi-touch
- Ports: MiniUSB, HDMI, USB, Full-size SD card slot
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Cameras: 5MP, 2MP (front/rear)
- Battery: User replaceable (with screwdriver)
- OS: Android Honeycomb
- Special: Replaceable back cover in 5 colors
No, pricing or launch details have been confirmed yet, but we can hazard a guess that the Toshiba tablet will cost considerably more than the similarly spec’d GS30 Android Tablet.
Follow us on Twitter for more Android tablet news and information.