If your quite new the Android mobile OS you might be a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of Android versions there are! Which version of Android do I have? It’s a good questions and one we can easily help you answer!
Quick! Which version of Android do you have? Is it Android 2.2 or 2.3? Are you running Honeycomb or Android Ice-cream Sandwich? What you have Android Jelly Bean! Impossible!
If you read the above and still have no idea what Android version you have, use the following tips to find out what Android version your Android phone or tablet is running.
How to find which Android version you have
- From the Android Home screen and your Android phone or tablet, Press the Menu button and then Tap Settings.
- On the Settings screen, Scroll Down and press About phone.
- On the About phone screen you will find the following information. The firmware version, this is the Android version you are using and will look something like this “2.2.1”There may also be a build number for 2.2.1 it is “FROYO”
- In this case you would now know your Android version is Android 2.2 Froyo!
- Finished! You now know the version of Android you are running! Well done!