In an ongoing discussion over on Reddit, Oneplus team members are taking questions about their company and revealing details of the OnePlus One specification. Here are some of the highlights.
OnePlus are in an ongoing question and answer session on Reddit. The team are taking questions from fans and revealing juicy morsels of information revealing more about their first smartphone the OnePlus One.
Latest OnePlus One Specification details
In the discussion OnePlus have confined and hinted at the folioing OnePlus One phone specifications:
OnePlus One memory
- What is the internal memory of the OnePlus One? The OnePlus One will come in either 16GB or 64GB options. There will be no 32GB version.
- Will the OnePlus One have expandable memory?
Yes, the OnePlus One will have expandable memory is what the comments are saying, but we don’t see the official confirmation. Unconfirmed.
- Will the OnePlus one have a Snapdragon 805 chipset? The team didn’t answer yes or no but it appears it won’t, and a Snapdragon 801 is more likely. Their response is below:
What is the actual end user advantage to having the Snapdragon 805? Are you willing to pay more and wait a quarter longer for this?
Making a “Never Settle” product isn’t about tipping the scale towards one extreme end, and letting users pay for those stupid decisions. We’ll be talking more in depth about our product and design choices this month.
- Will the OnePlus One have front facing stereo speakers? OnePlus confirmed it will have stereo speakers but we do not know if they will be front facing.
- Will the OnePlus One have 4G LTE? Yes, it will have 9-band LTE support: 1/3/4/7/17/38/39/40/41
- Will the phone come to Verizon? No.
- Will the One come to AT&T and T-Mobile? Yes.
- What size will the battery be? OnePlus did not comment, but did say we do not have to worry about the battery as the phone will have a ‘mystery new technology’. Our guess is super fast wireless charging.
OnePlus One camera
- OnePlus haven’t revealed details of the camera yet, but they did tease that their forum would have a sneak look at the camera next Tuesday.
- What are the dimensions of the OnePlus One? They currently are not saying.
- What is the screen to body ratio? Better than the Nexus 5.
- Will the OnePlus One have an LED notification light? Yes, there will be a notification light.
- What OS will the OnePlus One run? The OnePlus One will run a custom version of CyanogenMod.
- How about updates? CyanogenMod have committed to 2 years of updates for the phone.
- Will the warranty void if installing a custom ROM or Rooting? The OnePlus One’s warranty will cover Rooting and installing custom ROMs as long as their is no physical damage to the phone.
- When will the OnePlus One ship? The OnePlus One won’t ship before Q2 of 2014.
- Where will the OnePlus One be available? The phone will launch in 10+ countries at launch (the U.S seems to be one of them).
- Will the phone be available through carriers? This is not the plan.
The Question and Answer session is going to continue for a few days as long as there is interest. Check it out and get involved by heading over the to Reddit here.[ OnePlus ]