Meizu have released Flyme 3.7a firmware update to the Meizu MX2, finally bring Android 4.4 Kitkat to the older samrtphone.
Meizu updates aren’t only focussed on the MX3 as even older devices such as the MX2 get in on the action. With so many manufacturers leaving old devices behind it is definitely a plus to see Meizu update their older smartphone. Considering that there are still quite a lot MX2 users out there, and that not even Samsung, LG and HTC manage to keep updates alive is quite impressive for the quality Chinese phone maker.
Just minutes ago Meizu finally released the update just as they promised. The new Flyme OS update has the version number 3.7a and is based on Android 4.4 KitKat, with all the benefits and features of the Flyme user interface.
Updating your MX2 to Flyme OS 3.7a is fairly simple:
- Head over to the Meizu forums
- Download the update there
- Copy the .bin or .zip file to your Meizu MX2
- Go to Flyme “Documents” and select the update file
- The phone will now begin to install the update, just wait for it to finish and enjoy KitKat!