UMi have released the 2nd update for their UMi Zero smartphone. Version 3.05 is available now, here is how to download and install it on your phone.
Update 3.05 is now available for the UMi Zero and available to download from the UMidigi forums here.
The update brings with it a few improvements including:
- Improved touch screen response.
- Added function to switch off the notification light.
- Added function to deactivate screenshots.
I’ve also been running the update this morning and it seems to be quite stable. With the camera being notably faster to save.
How to install OTA update on the UMi Zero
Installing the UMi Zero 3.05 update is pretty simple:
Gizchina News of the week
- Download the update here.
- Rename the file to ota-update.zip.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC or charger (ensure you have enough power in the phone).
- Insert your SD card (see photo).
- With the SD card mounted head to > settings > about phone > system update
- If your SD card is mounted and the file is named properly you will be able to press the update button.
- Wait for the update to finish and the UMi Zero to reboot.