We’ve received a couple of emails today from eagle-eyed JiaYu fans who have reported that a developer release of Android 5.1 Lollipop is available for download.
Before anyone goes off and starts to download this on their own JiaYu S3 phones you should keep in mind that this is a very early build and there are plenty of bugs and missing features.
Our first email came from a reader who preferred to not have his name published. Details from this early tipster is that the Android 5.1 build is for the standard 2GB RAM 16GB version of the phone. He also mentions that the ROM is not rooted, only has English and Chinese, and comes with no Gapps. Also thanks for the alternate download link!
The second tip came from Luqman who has tested the ROM on his device and reports the following bugs:
- No sound on speaker but headphone works fine
- Sim slot 2 not working but provider has detected (adding your IMEI back will fix this)
- When you call, light sensor not working. Screen goes to sleep.
- Some gestures unavailable, also mira vision function. But i’ve detect MHL setting on display. Not test yet it’s work or not.
- Front camera only displays red.
- Rear camera not good quality as Kitkat Rom.
- Wifi and bluetooth work fine.
- Not charging
As you can see there is plenty not running on the ROM, but at least there is enough there for developers to get their hands on solve the issues and possible even create their own CM12.1 ports!
Thanks for the tips guys!JiaYu ]