The falling value of the Malaysian Ringgit has meant that prices of Xiaomi products are set to increase in the country.
Xiaomi has stated that it’s products, including power banks, phones, the popular Mi Band, etc. will be costlier starting 12PM local time on October 20th.
The price hike ranges between 10-20% for most of the products. The Xiaomi Mi Note and the Mi 4i however do not get any increase in the pricing.
Here is the new pricing list, indicating the erstwhile and current prices of the products:
- 5,000mAh Mi Power Bank: Was RM34, is RM39
- 10,400mAh Mi Power Bank: Was RM49, is RM59
- 16,000mAh Mi Power Bank: Was RM79, is RM89
- Redmi 2 Enhanced Version: Was RM459, is RM529
- Mi Headphone: Was RM319, is RM369
- Mi Band: Was RM59, is RM69
There is, of course, no word on whether the price hike is permanent or temporary.