The UMIDIGI Z Pro is the company’s first flagship launched with the new brand name (previously known as UMi) and we’ve had a quick look at it a few days back when it was first announced at MWC.
UMIDIGI’s Z Pro packs the same powerful hardware as its predecessor, we’re specifically talking about the MediaTek Helio X27 CPU, in addition to that the phone now features a dual-camera setup, which should allow you to get high quality photos with a shallow depth of field.
UMIDIGI has decided to start the presale of the Z Pro the way they always do, i.e. with a video unboxing. Let’s check it out!
“The Power of the Dual-Lens Camera Setup: Endless Possibilities”
Boasting two SONY 13MP shooters on the back the UMIDIGI Z Pro proves that a dual camera setup is not a gimmick, it will indeed allow you to get photos in the following modes:
- “3D Capture” mode, to literally move the picture after it has been taken and view it from a different perspective;
- “Live Photo” Mode, the first Android device pack with iPhone’s “Live Photo”, which also makes a short video of what happens a few seconds before and after the shoot;
- “Pure Black and White” shooting, which doesn’t produce just a de-colored picture, but uses a dedicated B&W sensor to make a real Black and White photo;
- “Re-Focusing” capability, which makes possible to adjust the focus or to focus a different point of the photo after it has been taken;
- 2x Digital Zoom, up to 3x using Digital one.
In addition to that, the phone is also said to use the new Mediatek’s ISP pixel-binning technology on both sensors to boost the image brightness in low-light conditions. If that’s not enough there’s a Quad-LED flash that should brighten up the scene even more.
The front-facing camera is a Samsung 13MP shooter with a Soft Light LED to help when taking selfies.
The UMIDIGI Z Pro will starts its presale on March 9th and will end on March 27th, in this period of time you’ll be able to get the phone for $50 off retail price, meaning $249.99 (4999 pieces available).
If you’re not interested in the camera features you can save some more money and get the UMi Z for $229.99.
In the end they only differentiate for the additional camera, for the rest they share the same MediaTek Helio X27 clocked at 2.6Ghz, 3780mAh battery in an aluminum body, 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 256GB). The screen is 5.5- Full HD on both devices, also featuring Touch ID 2.1, Quick Charge, Dual SIM Dual Standby and the Samsung front-facing camera we’ve previously mentioned.
And here is the list of the partner shops with links where you can get the Z Pro :