Could this photo show a version of the Xiaomi Mi6 with an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner?
In just 4 days we’ll finally get past all the leaks and rumours and get down and dirty with the all new Xiaomi Mi6. From all accounts this flagship Xiaomi phone will feature a 5.15-inch display like the previous Mi5, dual cameras but no headphone jack!
Another new feature that might be unveiled on the 19th April is a new ultrasonic fingerprint scanner!
This isn’t a new feature to the smartphone world, but it will be the first time Xiaomi will use a similar fingerprint recognition hardware to current iPhone and Samsung flagship handsets. Could this mean goodbye to the physical home button on the Mi6? We certainly hope so.
Xiaomi Mi6 Specifications
- 5.15 inch OLED display. 1920 x 1080 resolution and 2.5D edge.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.
- Adreno 540 GPU.
- 4-6GBLPDDR4 RAM.
- 64/128GB of internal memory.
- Dual rear camera, 12 megapixel plus 8 megapixel, PDAF, dual LED, OIS.
- 8 megapixel front camera.
- Ceramic shell (optional);
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / AC Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou.
- Quick Charge 4.0.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI interface 9.