OnePlus 5, a phone that the whole of mobile community has been eagerly waiting for, was launched in the U.S yesterday. And almost a day later, it has been launched in China. The OnePlus 5 is the successor to the OnePlus 3T, with OnePlus skipping the number “four” since it’s considered inauspicious by many Asian nations.
The OnePlus 5 is one of the 3 smartphones in the world to sport a whopping 8GB of RAM after the Nubia Z17 and the Asus Zenfone AR. Available in two variants, 6GB+64GB and 8GB+128GB, the 5 is priced is priced slightly lower than the U.S prices. The 6GB variant will retail for 2999 Yuan($438) and the 8GB variant will retail for 3499 Yuan($512).
Gizchina News of the week
- 5.5 inch 1080p display with Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 clocked at 2.35GHz coupled with Adreno 540
- 6GB RAM/ 8GB RAM
- 64GB ROM/ 128GB ROM UFS 2.1 2-LANE
- Dual camera setup with 16MP Sony f/1.7 + 20MP Sony f/2.6 telephoto, LED flash
- 16MP front snapper
- 3300 mAh battery with Dash charge
- Support for 34 LTE bands.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1 with Oxygen OS on top(Hydrogen OS for China)
The fingerprint sensor on the OnePlus 5 lies on the front with ceramic coating on top, which doubles up as the home button. The 6GB version is available in Slated grey color and the 8GB version in Midnight Black color.
The phone will be up for sale on Jingdong by 22nd of June at 10 am. The registrations for the 5 currently stand at 798514. The number is quickly reaching 800000!
The 5 sure is a phone of 2017. It sports the latest of the technologies available on the market. Grab yours now on JD.com!