Koogeek makes a plethora of smart home accessories so we were expecting to see a smart outlet sooner or later, and here we have it. It’s called Koogeek O1US and it comes with more features than you’d expect to find on a power strip; let’s have a closer look!
Koogeek O1US is — as we just mentioned — a really smart multi-function power strip. It sports WiFi and it supports Apple’s HomeKit technology, so you can control it very easily from your iPhone, iPad, Ipod touch or Apple Watch, and you can even use Siri voice commands.
What’s really unique about this power strip is something else though: you can configure each outlet independently! They’ll indeed show up as different devices on the app and thus allow you to set them up as you prefer. So imagine yourself at home playing on the HomeKit app and turning off or on appliances from the comfort of your bed or couch, sounds delightful.
On the app you can also setup schedules and timers for each outlet or create “scenes” to control multiple smart accessories at the same time. Additionally the app will log all the usage data and store them for you.
Lastly, the Koogeek O1US also comes with four smart USB ports, which you can use to charge your iPod, iPhone or iPad, with a total output current of up to 4.1A.
Koogeek O1US Specifications
- Material: PC (V-0 flame-retardant) + copper wire (14 AWG)
- LED Indicator Light Color: Green
- Plug Type: US plug
- Power Input: 120V AC Max, 60Hz
- Rated Current: 15A
- Rated Power: 1800W
- Number of Power Outlets: 3 * AC outlets
- Number of USB Ports: 3 * USB ports
- Total USB Output: DC 5V / 4.1A (Max.)
- USB Output: 1DC 5V / 1A (Max.)
- USB Output: 2DC 5V / 1A (Max.)
- USB Output: 3DC 5V / 2.1A (Max.)
- Power Cord Length: Approx. 5.0ft / 1.5m
- Power Cord Diameter: Approx. 0.35 inch / 9.00 mm
- Resettable Circuit Breaker: Yes
- Certificate: ETL, RoHS, FCC ID, Wi-Fi
Learn more about the Koogeek O1US or buy one over at the official website.