If you own a last generation ultrabook or tablet then you’ll probably be one of those who need a dongle to do pretty much anything but charging. Alright, maybe it’s not that dramatic, but you definitely need a dongle to connect a full HDMI device, don’t you? If you fall in this use scenario, then keep reading to learn more about the Dodocool DC55 USB Type-C to HDMI adapter.
So, as we just mentioned, the Dodocool DC55 is an USB Type-C to HDMI adapter. The positive note of using an USB Type-C port is the fact that it’s reversible, so you’re never plugging it wrong.
As far as the HDMI part of the adapter goes, the device can output 3840*2160 video at 60Hz, obviously it also supports lower resolution such as 2K, 1080p, 720p and so on.
The Dodocool DC55 can be connected to any MacBook, Chromebook or Microsoft laptop on the USB Type-C side and to a projector, monitor or TV using the HDMI port. The adapter is plug-n-play, so no drivers required, it’s also very compact, light and easy to carry.
Dodocool DC55 Specifications
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Color: Silver
- Cable length: Approx. 5.71 in / 145 mm
- Interface: 1 * USB-C male connector 1 * HD output female port
- Video resolution (HD output port): Up to 3840 * 2160 @ 60Hz or 2K / 1080p / 720p / 480p / 360p
- System requirements: 1) USB-C devices with macOS X or Windows 10 / 8 / 7 operating systems; 2) The host USB-C female port on your device supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode.
- Certificate: CE, FCC, RoHS
- Warranty: 18 months limited warranty
- Item size: Approx. 2.16 * 1.38 * 0.59 in / 55 * 35 * 15 mm (L * W * H)
- Item weight: Approx. 1.17 oz / 33.3 g