The NOMU S10 Pro is the latest smartphone released from the Chinese company specialized in rugged devices. The handset is said to sport an IP69 rating, that would obviously mean it can survive more time in water compared to other IP67 and IP68 smartphones, such as the more premium and costly iPhone X (IP67) and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (IP68).
An IP67 smartphone can be submerged under 1 meter of water for approximately half hour and come out still working. With an IP68 rating the device can survive up to 1.5 meters under water for about an hour.
Next comes the NOMU S10 Pro that can be dropped under 2 meters of water for one hour and not get damaged. Because of this, NOMU states that the S10 Pro is IP69 rated, whether that’s technically right it’s hard to tell, but it’s definitely something we haven’t seen on any smartphones before.
NOMU was able to achieve this grade of waterpoofness thanks to their 10 year experience in manufacturing rugged and waterproof smartphones, thus they know how to design and properly seal these kind of devices. To show it even further they even released a video on Youtube which we can check out down below.
Gizchina News of the week
NOMU S10 Pro Specifications
- IP69 Waterproof (Able to be underwater 2M for 1 hour)
- OS: Pure Android 7.0 out of box
- Battery: 5000mAh Li-Po battery (same as S10)
- Memory: 3GB RAM+32GB ROM
- CPU: MT6737t quad core 64bits 1.5GHz
- Camera: 8.0 MP Sony rear one+5.0MP Front one
- Display: 5.0 HD Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Materials: Germany Bayer soft Rubber
- Processing: Advanced Bi-materials insulating
- 9V 2A Quick charge/ OTG Supported
- Big power loud speaker with world famous NXP SmartPA module