The UMIDIGI S2 is definitely one of the most complete devices currently on the market. The smartphone does indeed feature a large 6-inch display with the trendy 18:9 aspect ratio, a power efficient Mediatek Helio P20 clocked at 2.3Ghz coupled with 4GB of RAM and a beautiful design. Well, today UMIDIGI S2’s owners are finally getting their first OTA update; let’s learn what’s been fixed or improved!
The new update is named UMIDIGI_S2_V1.0_0929 and it brings these changes:
- Optimized Fingerprint scanner unlock speed
- Redesigned Camera UI
- Added “Battery save mode” auto turns on when reaching low battery
So, as you can see, UMIDIGI has been working on pretty essential stuff as fingerprint scanner speed and auto battery save mode. Plus they’ve redesigned the camera app UI for a better look and improved ease of use.
The OTA update will arrive to a smaller portions of users today and will gradually spread to all UMIDIGI S2 owners, that’s been done to reduce stress on the servers.
On the hardware side, the UMIDIGI S2 is fueled by a power efficient Mediatek Helio P20 CPU, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. We then have a dual rear camera setup composed of a 13MP + 5MP combo and a 5MP selfie snapper.
Last but not least, the smartphone also packs a massive 5100mAh capacity battery that can be charged through the USB Type-C port using Quick Charge PE+ 2.0, so you will hardly ever run out of juice.
UMIDIGI S2 Full Specifications
- Display: 6.0 inch 720 x 1440 pixels screen
- CPU: Helio P20 Octa Core 2.3GHz
- System: Android 6.0
- Storage: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
- Cameras: front 5.0MP + rear 13.0MP + 5.0MP with AF and flash light
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, E-Compass, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Features: GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
- SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby, 1 Nano SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card or 1 Nano SIM card + 1 TF card
- Networks: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD-LTE: 800/1800/2100/2600MHz