LG out of nowhere has just announced the LG K9 in Russia. The device is the same LG K8 (2018) that was announced earlier at the MWC. Other than the name change, the LG K9 is basically same with the k8 (2018) with the same designs and internal configurations. Targeted at the budget segment of the market, the LG K9 flaunts a compact 5-inch IPS LCD with a 720x1280px resolution and 16:19 aspect ratio.
Powering the LG K9 is the Snapdragon 210 chip with a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2GB RAM, 16GB storage expandable up to 32GB using microSD card slot.
The LG K9 has a rear fingerprint sensor and boots Android 7.1.2 Nougat out-of-the-box with LG’s customized user interface. LG hasn’t promised an update to Android 8, but it is an important update that many look forward to getting.
Powered by a 2500mAh battery, the LG K9 features an 8-megapixel rear-shooter and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with Gesture Shot, HDR mode, Flash Jump Shot, and Display Flash for selfies. Connectivity options include a 4G LTE and VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0 port, and a 3.5mm audio port.
LG K9 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) On-cell Touch 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- 1.3 GHz Quad-Core processor
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC) storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera (K10 α)
- Dimensions: 146.3 x 73.2 x 8.2mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 2500mAh removable battery
The device comes in Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue and Terra Gold colors