The new UMIDIGI phones are finally here. UMIDIGI unveiled its UMIDIGI Z2 and UMIDIGI Z2 Pro models a couple days back, claiming that they are “technology pioneer, notch flagship, gradient twilight color.’’ Which basically means they changed the design of their phones to keep them updated with the more popular trends, such as the top notch and the gradient back cover, available in twilight, twilight black and phantom.
Given that many readers are probably going to get the UMIDIGI Z2, we decided to make a short list with the top 5 features you’ll find on the smartphone.
1. It’s All about Display
Get ready to enjoy a new generation 6.2-inch 19:9 full-screen. This is the biggest change in UMIDIGI’s smartphones portfolio. The handset goes indeed sport a new 3rd generation screen technology that is able to deliver a superior color gamut and provide provide a great viewing experience.
Coming with a full screen design, the front side of the Z2 is almost entirely display, exception made for the thin notch at the top that houses the camera and sensors and a tiny bottom bezel. The display also sports a quite high resolution at 1080*2246 and thus it’s expected to be very sharp. The phone should also have a screen-to-body ratio of about 90%.
2. Welcome, Gradient Twilight Color
Meet the new family members: Twilight, Twilight Black and Phantom. These new color options will definitely be crowd pleasers. The new UMIDIGI phone adopts three gradient colors, meanwhile the black color still available as a standard option.
Well, let’s be honest, the twilight gradient back cover is one of the main reasons you want to get this phone. Sure, the Huawei P20 Pro is king here, but that will cost you around 3 to 4 times the price of an UMIDIGI Z2. The Z2 while being much more affordable, comes with a very similar look that is set to turn some heads.
3. Take Better Photos
Bring your photos to life with UMIDIGI’s improved camera, this time with superior camera quality by using the optimized quad camera setup. But seriously, the dual rear 16MP+8MP cameras have been greatly optimized and improved more than 200% compared to previous phones, with a faster autofocus for better accuracy. So you can record the most interesting moments of your life effortlessly and in high quality. Also considering that the UMIDIGI Z2 can do 4K video recording and editing.
4. 18W Fast Charging & Global Bands
UMIDIGI Z2’s PE+ technology maximizes charging efficiency by allowing it to reach 9V/2A. With its help, the UMIDIGI Z2 can fully charge its 3850mAh battery capacity within 80 minutes.
Gizchina News of the week
The UMIDIGI Z2 also supports 7 network modes and 36 global bands, so nothing to worry about if you want to take your smartphone for travelling around the globe. Although the production cost for global bands is higher, it seems that the company is not planning to transfer it to its consumers. 4G VoLTE is also supported in both slots simultaneously, which means you can enjoy faster data transmission, lower consumption and more reliable connections.
5. An Affordable Price Structure
The UMIDIGI Z2 is available for pre-order starting on the 11th of June at 8AM(UTC) over on Gearbest (official retailer). The phone is listed at $249.99, which includes a $50 off discount.
For those who want the new-age super full-screen design with gradient color back cover, but don’t want to (or cannot) pay the high price of say, a Huawei P20 Pro, the UMIDIGI Z2 is a great option.
UMIDIGI does indeed premium looking phones without the premium price tag. UMIDIGI Z2 would already cost less than other alternatives at $299.99, however, as we just mentioned, you can get it with a $50 discount during the presale promo. Shipment will start 2 to 4 weeks after the promo is over.
Check out the UMIDIGI Z2 on the official website.
UMIDIGI Z2 Full Specifications:
- Screen : 6.2-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2246) LCD IPS screen
- CPU : Helio P23 octa-core (4 x 2.0GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU : ARM Mali G71 MP2 700MHz
- RAM : 6GB
- Internal memory : 64GB
OS: Stock Android 8.1
- Rear camera : 16MP (F2.0)+8MP,Samsung sensor, autofocus (PDAF), Dual LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front camera : 16MP+8MP with F2.0 aperture, Sony sensor, video recording 1080p
- Connectivity : Both SIM slots are compatible with 4G, support 4G LTE in both slots simultaneously.
- 2G: GSM 2 /3 /5 /8 2G: CDMA1X BC0,BC1 3G: EVDO BC0,BC1
- 3G: WCDMA 1 /2 /4 /5 /8 3G: TD-SCDMA 34 /39
- 4G: TDD-LTE 34 /38 /39 /40 /41
- 4G: FDD-LTE 1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /25 /26 /28A /28B
- Single/dual SIM (type: nano), Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, Type-C USB port, GPS/GLONASS
- Battery : 3850mAh(typ)
- Quick Charge: 18W Fast charge
- Dimensions : 153.4 mm * 74.4 mm * 8.3 mm
- Weight : 165 g
- Other : FM radio, gravity sensors, proximity, light sensor, fingerprint scanner
- Colors : Twilight, Twilight Black, Phantom, Black
I WAS TOLD THAT THE mEDIATEK P60 SOC SUPPORTED BAND 71
THIS PHONE USES THAT CHIP DOES IT SUPPORT BAND 71?
More fake Chinese pics. The chin and notch are huge on the real phone.
What about the supposed dual cameras? I have 2 Umidigi phones, S2 lite and the A1 Pro and on both the “2nd camera” is fake.