TWRP is now officially available on the OnePlus 6 and several other devices
Although we never had a shred of doubt about the OnePlus 6’s custom development potential, we are glad to report that an almost fully functional TWRP recovery is now available for the OnePlus 6. It’s been a pretty speedy development, and we’re quite happy that it’s here. Unfortunately, there is one caveat.
The issue here is that TWRP on the OnePlus 6 is mainly here thanks to Project Treble. This means that due to the A/B partition scheme and lack of a dedicated recovery partition, the flashing instructions are a bit different than what you may be used to on previous OnePlus devices. If you want to flash the recovery on your OnePlus 6, you’ll want to follow these steps.
- Setup ADB/Fastboot
- Download the twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip from here.
- Download the twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img, again from here.
- Power off your device.
- Hold volume up + power button to boot into the bootloader.
- Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt on your PC.
- Find the twrp-3.2.1-o-enchilada.img directory and type in fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img
- Once you’re in TWRP, you’ll want to select twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip to install it.
On top of that, several other device have also been graced with official releases. The official list of new devices is as follows:-
Gizchina News of the week
- HTC Desire 830 (a51cml_tuhl)
- Huawei P20 Pro (charlotte)
- OnePlus 6 (enchilada)
- Nubia M2 (NX551J)
- Planet Gemini PDA (geminipda)
- Vanzo A315 (a315)
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (oxygen)
Overall, we’re pretty happy to see these devices get TWRP. Especially surprising is the Mi Max 2, which we’d never expect to see on a list like this. Project Treble has been a great thing so far, and we hope it only gets better with time. Do you have any device on the list, and will you be installing the recovery on your device?