The Moto G6 Plus has finally landed in India after quite a while. The series is already months old and the two Moto G6/G6 Play launched in June so it’s a bit of a bummer that the most premium member of the series didn’t arrive on time in India. Furthermore, the pricing of the handset – Rs.22,499 is just not in tune with what is the current trend in India. It will be sold online at Amazon.in and retail stores across the country in a single Black colour.
Being the most expensive member of the G Series to date, the Moto G6 Plus comes with a Snapdragon 630 chipset and is coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal (expandable up to 256GB) storage. The display is a 5.93-inch Max Vision IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution, not much different from what we’ve seen before. It’s topped by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Gizchina News of the week
Camera-wise, the Moto G6 Plus has an array of dual 12MP +5MP “Smart” shooters at the back and a Dual Pixel PDAF. The Indian variant has been endowed with a much stronger 16MP selfie shooter while the global version has an 8MP sensor.
There’s Android 8.0 Oreo which is very close to stock Android with the promise of Android 9 Pie (no timelines). There’s a 3,200mAh juice pack inside the phone enabled with Turbo Charging and a USB Type-C port.
The handset is pretty darn expensive when you compare it to what the POCO F1, Honor Play offer at an even less price in India.
- 5.93-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 630 with Adreno 508 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Dual Autofocus Pixel technology, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, P2i water-repellent nano coating
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.5 x 8.0mm; Weight: 167g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Front-ported loud speaker, Dolby Audio, 3 mics
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh battery with Turbo charging