Chinese manufacturing giant, oppo, has since released its new oppo F9 smartphone. This device was released in China as oppo A7X and it has also been released in Taiwan. Now, the company has turned its focus to the second largest smartphone market in the world – India.
Oppo F9 Design
The F9 features a full-screen display with a notch which is derivative of the Essential PH-1’s design. Oppo is calling this the “water-drop design”. The phone has thin bezels on the sides, a notch specifically for the front camera and a thin chin. The volume rockers lie on the left side while the power button sits on the right. The back houses the fingerprint scanner and the dual camera setup. The Oppo F9 is available in three colour variants, Starry Purple, Twilight Blue, and Sunrise Red. All three variants have a gradient, diamond-like patterns on the back.
OPPO F9 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.85 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.0 x 7.99mm; Weight: 169g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3415mAh (minimum) battery
As far as the connectivity options go, the F9 will support dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. This smartphone will be available in Mist Black and Stellar Purple colours and it has a Rs. 19,990 ($280) price tag. Potential buyers can get this smartphone from September 15 and it is exclusive to Flipkart (online).