The OxygenOS development team is once again showing its commitment with updates by releasing a new Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 6. The new build adds several new features to the OnePlus flagship, including a shortcut that allows the user to quickly call the Google Assistant. Users interested in this new feature will need to enable it via Settings >> Buttons and Gestures and toggling the specific setting for Assistant Quick activation.
This update also brings some fixes and optimizations especially for the Ambient Display, Fingerprint scanner and Face Unlock features. As you might expect from a beta release, some features and applications probably won’t work, a good example is the Google Pay feature that becomes available with this Open Beta 3 update.
The users who have already installed any of the previous Open Beta releases will receive an OTA update notification in the upcoming days. But those who never flashed any of the beta releases will need to manually flash the newest update. Worth noting that changing from a Stable to an Open Beta release will completely wipe the memory of your OnePlus 6 so have that in mind and be careful. Since the rollout is gradual, it may take hours or even days to appear, so be patient and keep an eye in the notifications. Last, but not least, check the complete changelog of this update below:
Gizchina News of the week
- Fixed stability issues with ambient display
- Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
- Added support to launch google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding the power button for 0.5 seconds
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel APPS
OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
- Added manual connection method if unable to connect switch with QR code on the old device
- Supported backup and recovery for application data including the home screen, lock screen and APP layout
- Bug fixes and support for more Android models
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working