Earlier today, we reported that a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 user named Diane Chung on Long Island in the United States suddenly found out that her mobile phone was super hot and then smoked out of her bag. This happened on September 3. Immediately after the incident, she emptied her bag in the elevator and the self-igniting mobile phone was placed in a bucket of water. There was no image of the burning phone so we do not know what the damaged phone exactly looks like. Nevertheless, Diane Chung has filed a suit against Samsung over her all-new Galaxy Note 9 which burst into flames in her purse.
Gizchina News of the week
While the Korean manufacturer confirmed that it has had similar issues over the years, it denied receiving any information about the Galaxy Note 9. It said
” Samsung attaches great importance to customer safety and we do package millions of quality Galaxy system equipment in the United States. So far, we have not received any information about Galaxy Note 9. The incident is similar to others we have heard in the past thus we are investigating the matter.”
When the Galaxy Note 9 was released, Samsung officials repeatedly emphasized that its 4000 mAh battery is safer than any of its previous battery.