Well I guess this is… too much, don’t you say? According to information Vivo is preparing to become world’s first manufacturer to launch a 10GB RAM smartphone – no one knows why- in the near future! It seems that the Oppo Find X model made an appearance in TENAA recently equipped with 10GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, preparing to hit the Chinese market soon.
In case you forgot, back in February this year, rumors out of China insisted that Vivo would be the first to launch a 10GB RAM smartphone, and the same rumor was related also to Oppo (Vivo’s sister company, under BBK behemoth). Today’s leak suggests that Oppo will be first to launch an extremely powerful smartphone – equipped with so much RAM that… even a PC would be envious of.
OPPO Find X specifications
- 6.42-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19:5:9 aspect ratio Panoramic Arc display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, secondary 20MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, DSP module, NXP noise reduction
- Dimensions: 156.7 × 74.3 × 9.4mm; Weight: 186g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3,730mAh (typical) / 3645mAh (minimum) battery with VOOC flash charge fast charging
Oppo Find X recently landed in France and other European countries, but unfortunately this will not be the case with its 10GB RAM variant; it’s scheduled to hit the Chinese market at the time being and only this market.
What do you think about it? Is this 10GB RAM thing really necessary for a smartphone today? What are your thoughts?