The Realme U1 is finally official, and it packs all that we expect, thanks to a series of pre-release leaks and renders. The Oppo offshoot at an event today in India unveiled the Realme U1 – its latest and first selfie-focused smartphone.
The Realme U1 retains Realme 2 Pro tear drop notch which houses a 25MP selfie camera with the IMX576 sensor with 0.9µm pixels that makes it a better device for taking selfies late in the night. The device also features some intelligent beauty modes that have been customized specifically for Indian consumers.
The Realme U1 parades a 6.3-inch Dewdrop screen with 1080 x 2340 pixels Full HD+ resolution, protected by 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3, while the rear gets a special glass-like acrylic coating that is quite light, and can not easily be shattered.
Under the hood, the latest U1 houses the latest Helio P70 chipset based on the 12nm FinFET production process. The chipset is said to be a better performer than the P60, thanks to improved clock speed, as well as faster image processing hardware. The SoC is hooked up with 3GB or 4GB of RAM depends on the model you go for, while there is also 32GB or 64GB of expandable storage.
Other noteworthy specs include a 3,500mAh battery, and while there is no mention of Oppo’s VOOC fast charge, it is quite clear the Realme U1 supports AI Power Master that helps extend battery life by managing power smartly. Sadly, the device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS with ColorOS 5.2, and there is no confirmation whether or not it will be getting an update soon.
Realme U1 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2350 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 Full HD+ IPS display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P70 12nm processor (Quad 2.1GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 900MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) based on ColorOS 5.2
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Dimensions: 157x74x8mm; Weight: 168g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3500mAh battery
The device will go on sale later on December 5 in India in Ambitious Black, Brave Blue, and Fiery Gold color options. Pricing starts at INR11,999 ($170/€150), while the 4GB variant goes for as much as INR14,999 ($215/€190). It is exclusive to Amazon India with several launch offers including:
- 5% Cashback for SBI Cards
- No Cost EMI
- Up to 4.2TB extra data for Jio users and benefits worth Rs. 5750