Oppo earlier today announced the arrival of its R15 Pro smartphone in India. The announcement for the Indan market is coming about a year after it was first announced in China. The device is available in Cosmic Purple and Ruby Red and is immediately available to buy via Amazon India at 25,990 rupees (~$368).
The new device isn’t quite as exciting as the senior brother – the Oppo R17 Pro, but still offers some value for money specs. It is embedded in an all-metal design and comes fitted with a 6.28-inch full HD On-Cell OLED display with a 19:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, the Oppo R15 Pro houses the octa-core Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with Adreno 512 GPU, 6GB RAM, and 128GB onboard storage.
Othe camera front where perhaps is the major selling point of the R15, the device gets a dual rear 16mp and 20MP cameras and a 20MP selfie shooter. The camera has Oppo’s AI beauty mode, AI scene recognition which it can use to recognize 120 scenes and automatically tweak the camera settings to hopefully take sharp pictures.
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio OLED display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX519 sensor, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/1.7 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charging
The battery is quite impressive as it features a 3,430mAh battery with Oppo’s fast VOOC charging, while it sadly boots the dated Android 8.1 Oreo instead of the newer Android 9 Pie.