Xiami looks set to launch a new smartphone or perhaps two in the India market. The company’s India managing director Manu Kumar Jain announced on Twitter that the Redmi Note 7 would launch on February 28. Initially available in China, the Indian market will be the first market to receive the feature-packed Remi Note 7. For our friends in India, Xiaomi said that it will open registrations to buy tickets for the event later today.
The brand is reportedly working on the Redmi Note 7 Pro but hasn’t released any official launch date, and we are not sure whether the device will first launch in India before heading to more markets. Although Redmi now operates as an independent brand focusing on e-commerce and cost-efficient products, the Redmi Note 7 is one of Xiaomi’s strategy to achieve its projected 20% increase in smartphones shipments. The Redmi Note 7 which starts at ~$150 in China, has already sold over a million units in China and looks set to increase that number given its huge popularity in the Indian smartphones market.
We already know all there is to know about the device because it was launched and already on sale in China for some time now. Read on to check the Redmi Note 7 full specs.
Redmi Note 7 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 5MP secondary camera
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK 98937 Smart PA
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 4
Mi Fans, mark the date! RT & spread the word if you want to own this beast.
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) February 14, 2019