HMD Global had in the fresh hours of this month announced the Nokia X71 in Taiwan. The device is the firms first to feature a 48 MP camera and punch hole display which has now found its way to a number of smartphones including the Galaxy S10 and the Nova 4 from Huawei.
While we are not sure if the device has since gone on sale in Taiwan, HMD Global has now announced the pricing and availability details of the device in China where it is likely to edge out other mid-range devices like the Redmi Note 7 Pro and the VIVO V15 Pro. The device is immediately available for pre-order, and that will run until April 17, when it is expected to start shipping from the same date. You can get the X71 in black color only and is available in 64GB and 128GB model both with 6GB RAM. The 64GB model costs 2,199 Yuan/$327 while the 128GB model is priced at 2,699 Yuan /$402.
The Nokia X71’s cameras are arguably its compelling selling points featuring a triple camera setup with a 48MP (f/1.8) sensor, 8MP (ultra wide-angle, 120 degrees) sensor, and 5MP depth sensor. Other specs, other than the punch hole display are pretty much standard fare for a modern midrange handset.
Nokia X71 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2316 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.3:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1:1400 contrast ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 6P lens, ZEISS optics, 8MP 120° ultra-wide lens, 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.19×76.45×7.98mm; Weight: 180g
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, Nokia OZO Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (USB 2.0)
- 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging