Samsung China earlier today announced a barrage of the Galaxy smartphones for the Chinese smartphones market. Samsung is more than ever before more determined to take over the mid-range marker, and in doing that it has to ensure there is an influx of powerful value for money smartphones that will take on rival phones from Xiaomi and other brands. At the Galaxy A80 launch event in China today, Samsung mobile also introduced the Galaxy A70, A60 and the Galaxy A40s to the market.
While the A80 and the A70 are familiar devices, the Galaxy A60 and A40s are not that familiar, though the A60 has been in the news for a while now. We have the A60 covered here while the Galaxy A40 details are presented below.
Samsung only recently axed the Galaxy J series for the new Galaxy A and M series which appears to be limited to the Indian market at the moment. Well, Samsung has now launched the Galaxy M30 smartphone in China, but with a completely different moniker. The device will be dubbed Samsung Galaxy A40s in the Chinese market, an indication that the entire Galaxy M smartphones so far launched will never sell in the country as they were launched in India, but could all be rebranded.
The Galaxy A40s specs are largely the same as the M30 with same specs including a 6.4-inch Full-HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U display on the front with the Exynos 7904 SoC under the hood. It boots Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.5 on top, and boasts a triple-camera setup (13 MP + 5 MP + 5 MP) at the back.
Samsung Galaxy A40s/ M30 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 Super AMOLED Infinity-U display
- Octa-Core (1.8GHz dual + 1.6GHz Hexa) Exynos 7904 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Samsung Experience 9.5
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 5-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP ultra-wide angle camera with 123-degree wide-angle lens
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension: 159 x 75.1 x8.4mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
The Galaxy A40s is priced at CNY 1499/$229 in China