Realme today at a launch event in India took the wrap off two smartphones – the Realme C2 aimed at the budget segment and the Realme 3 Pro targeting the mid-range market populated by devices from Samsung and Xiaomi. While the Realme C2 is aimed at the like of the Galaxy A10 from Samsung, the Realme 3 Pro, on the other hand, is aimed at the mid-range market, particularly the Redmi Note 7 Pro from Xiaomi Redmi brand.
With imaging/photography becoming an important deciding factor in the mid-range segment, one of Realme 3 Pro key selling points is the camera features, however, while its target rival – the Redmi Note 7 Pro gets a 48-megapixel rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture that offers offers 12MP output by default using super pixel tech, the Realme 3 Pro uses a 16 MP + 5 MP setup, with the same Sony IMX519 sensor, seen in the OnePlus 6T. However, it has a 125 MP with fixed focus and standard f/2.0 lens which is a huge leap over the 13MP cam on the Redmi Note 7 and the Realme 3. The camera has AI scene recognition 960 fps super slo-mo and 64MP Ultra HD mode, Chroma boast as well as Nightscape Mode to take proper pictures in the dark.
The phone comes fitted with a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with waterdrop notch and under its hood is the Snapdragon 710 SoC coupled with up to 6GB RAM and Hyperboost 2.0 with touchboost and frame boost for enhanced touch control and frame rate while gaming. Other key specs include a dual SIM slot, a dedicated MicroSD slot, 4045mAh with VOOC 3.0 fast charging and inside the box is a 20W (5V-4A) fast charger which the company claims can jack up the battery to 50% in 30 minutes over a micro USB port. The company says that the built-in Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) mode improves battery life.
Realme 3 Pro specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 1.22μm sensor, f/1.7 aperture, EIS, 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 960fps super slo-mo
- 25MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8 x 74.2×8.3mm; Weight: 172g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 4045mAh battery (typical) / 3960mAh (minimum) with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
Priced ar 13,999 rupees (~$200) (4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant) , and 16,999 rupees (~$243) (6GB RAM + 128GB variant), the Realme C3 Pro is expected to go on sale via Flipkart and realme.com starting from April 29th while there will be a pop-up sale on April 27th at Pacific Mall in Delhi at 4:30 PM that lets users experience and get the phone.