At an event in New Delhi, India today, Xiaomi announced two new smartphones for India – the Redmi Y3 and the Redmi 7 that was earlier announced for China. Both devices very much look similar albeit a few differences. They both feature the same display, chipset, p2i coating, rear camera pairing with different front camera, same battery size as well as the same notched display.
The Redmi 7 gets the company’s new Aurora design, which features a gradient color combo and shifts its color depending on the lighting, and is expected to go on sale from April 29th via Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home stores in 2/32GB and 3/32GB configurations starting at INR 7,999 ($115). The brand is offering users double data for 4 years and Rs. 2400 cashback in the form of vouchers for Jio users.
It flaunts a 6.26 IPS HD+ water drop notch display with a TUV certified blue light filter, and under the hood, the Redmi 7 houses the Snapdragon 632 processor in choice of 2GB+16GB or 3GB+32GB RAM/storage versions.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery