RealMe, a spin-off of the popular Chinese brand Oppo has today launched the much rumored Realme X alongside the Realme X Lite in China. This marks the first time the brand will be launching its smartphone outside the shores of India, and while the Realme X is by no means a true flagship smartphone, it is still a formidable device and the most spec-laden device ever made by the brand, while it also maintains the brand’s aggressively low price point.
The Realme X has a 6.5-inch 1080p AMOLED with FHD+ resolution, undisturbed by a notch or any form of cutout. The display is made by Samsung and has 2.2mm narrow border on the top and 1.62mm ultra narrow bezels on the sides amounting to as much as 91.2% screen-to-body ratio. It has a fingerprint scanner fitted into it, and what is more, it is topped with a layer of Gorilla Glass 5 for added protection.
While the brand has relied on mostly the water-drop notch for its other offerings, this marks the first time it is opting for a motorized pop-up mechanism behind the display which houses ta 16-megapixel pop-up front camera with Sony IMX471 sensor and can launch in 0.74 seconds. The brand is claiming the pop-up mechanism has been tested 200,000 times. On the flip side, the device houses a twin camera setup consisting of a 48MP Sony IMX 586 sensor which uses pixel binning to combine 4 pixels into one for 12MP final images. The main snapper is joined by a 5MP f/2.4 depth-sensor for capturing depth information in portrait shots.
Gizchina News of the week
Under the hood, the device is powered the same SoC on the standard OPPO Reno – the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset with an octa-core CPU and Adreno 616 for. This is paired with up to 8GB of RAM, while the storage maxes out at 128GB. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie based ColorOS 6.0. The Realme X is fueled by a 3,765mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge 3.0.
Realme X specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB storage / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, LED flash, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.2×76×9.4mm; Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3765mAh battery (typical) / 3680mAh (minimum) with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
You will be able to pick up the Realme X from May 20th via Realme’s own site and various other Chinese online channels in Steam White and Punk blue colors. The standard variant with 4GB RAM is priced at $ 219/1499 yuan, the 6GB RAM at $ 232/1599 yuan, while the 8GB RAM version goes for as much as $ 261/1799 yuan. At this price point, the Realme X seems like a better deal than compared to Google’s latest SD 670 powered Pixel 3A with a price range of $399-$479.
The OPPO backed brand also introduced a Master Edition designed by Naoto Fukasawa in Onion and Garlic White colors with unique patterns at 1899 yuan (US$ 276 / Rs. 19,410 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from May 20th.