To recall, the Redmi Note 7 and the Redmi Note 7Pro put together crossed the 1 million sales milestone in just around a month of hitting the shelves in India, an indication that the Redmi Note 7 series is doing very fine in the market. Xiaomi backed Redmi wishes to maintain the tempo, and that explains while it has introduced a new variant of the series in India today. Welcome the Redmi Note 7S – Redmi’s latest budget phone in India, and a slightly upgraded version of the Redmi Note 7 first launched in India back in February.
The Redmi Note 7S retains the Note 7 dual camera array, but rather than a 12MP main sensor with a 2MP secondary sensor, the new Note 7s gets a 5MP secondary camera, and a 48MP main camera with 1/2″ Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture with four-in-one pixel binning to make a 12MP image with 1.6μm pixel, and that is about the only real differences as it retains the same 13MP front camera.
The device flaunts the same 6.3-inch Full HD+ DotNotch display with 1.95mm narrow bezels, 81.37% screen-to-body ratio, Gorila glass 5 protection, P2i nano-coating making it splashproof, and what is more, it packs the same power under the hood, and that includes the Qualcomm 660 SoC with either 3GB or 4GB RAM and 32/64GB storage, expandable via microSD. Based on Android 9.0 with MIUI 10 on top, the Redmi Note 7S is powered by a 4,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 support for 18W fast charging, thou it only ships with a 10W charger.
Gizchina News of the week
You can get the device in Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue and Ruby Red color options on Flipkart and on Xiaomi’s official site beginning from May 23rd at INR 10,999 ($158) for the 3/32GB model while the 4/64GB variant goes for INR 12,999 ($187).
Redmi Note 7S specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LTPS in-cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Samsung GM1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 5MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 4