In recent years, smartphone manufacturers have become accustomed to launching a new color variant for their latest flagship a few months after the phone was announced. Samsung has been launching special editions in red for the Galaxy S line from the S8 and it looks like we are about to see a new Galaxy S10 in that color.
Now, both Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ images have been filtered in an intense red color, supposedly called «Cardinal Red». According to the leak, the new variant “will arrive soon”.
Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ in "Cardinal Red" coming soon.
— Roland Quandt (@rquandt) May 21, 2019
It is not the first time that Samsung launches a red variant of their Galaxy S phones but they are usually limited to the eastern markets. Both the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S9 in red never reached Europe or the United States.
It is worth to mention that Samsung has already jumped the guns with the launch of a special Olympics edition of its flagship Galaxy S10+ in celebration of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. Dubbed the Galaxy S10+ Olympic Game Edition, Samsung has announced the device in Japan in partnership with mobile operator Docomo and will be producing only 10,000 units.
The Galaxy S10+ Olympic Game Edition is built around the same Prism White design of the S10+ that is on sale globally, but with a banner at the bottom of the device with the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo. It is also now packed in a special package different from the regular version and includes a specially designed Galaxy Buds earphones, and will go on sale later in July at JPY ($1,000/€900) for a unit. Internally, the device features the same specs as the regular S10.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 522ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB/1TB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8mm; Weight: 175g (Ceramic: 198g)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,100mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare