Xiaomi’s spin-off Redmi has been actively churning out smartphones since it became independent of the parent brand. The brand earlier today officially announced the Redmi K20 Pro and K20, and as expected, it comes with a bunch of exciting specs and features. The K20 duo were actually at the spotlight of today’s event in China, but a more affordable smartphone also made appearance, even though the company had a few days ago introduced the Redmi 7A, perhaps for the fear that the flagship killer may gulp down all of the attention. At today’s event, the Xiaomi spin-off brand revealed the Redmi 7A pricing and availability.
The device is billed to go on sale first in China on Wednesday June 6th, before but will head to other countries in the coming month. The Redmi 7A price in CNY549 ($80) or CNY599 ($86).
The device packs a 4,000 mAh battery that comes with 10W charging, and to justify its pricing, it comes embedded in a polycarbonate body with a single camera with LED flash on the rear, and a 5.45” notchless screen with 18:9 screen and HD+ resolution. There is a fairly large size of bezels on both side, though without the home button.
It is powered by a Snapdragon 439 chipset and comes in 16 GB or 32 GB storage expandable up to256GB coupled with 2GB and 3GB RAM respectively. The phone comes with MIUI 10, based on Android Pie, and supports two SIM cards(Hybrid), gets a 13MP rear camera, as well as a 5MP front camera.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- Dimensions: 146.30×70.41×9.55mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) built-in battery