The Redmi 7A – Redmi’s latest entry-level phone targeted at first-time users just got a new color – Foggy Gold color variant in China. Initially available in Matte Black and Morning Blue, the new Foggy color option jacks up the color choice available to users to three.
The new Redmi 7A Foggy Gold will go on sale starting tomorrow – July 17 in China, and as for pricing, the device gets the same price tag as the other color options.
Gizchina News of the week
Specs-wise, there’s no difference between Redmi 7A Foggy Gold, the Matte Black, and Morning Blue variants. And that explains while the price tags also remain the same. You will be able to get the Redmi 7A Foggy Gold in China via the official Mi online store at ¥549 (~$80) for the 2GB/16GB variant, ¥579 (~$84) for the 2GB/32GB option, and ¥799 (~$116) for the 3GB/32GB option.
The Redmi 7A is made of a thick polycarbonate body with a nano-coating material for protection against accidental liquid splashes. But it is not IP-rated, so it isn’t the best companion when you go swimming. The device comes fitted with a 5.45-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, as well as TUV Rheinland eye protection certification.
Under its hood, the device packs the Snapdragon 439 chipset with up to 3GB RAM, and 32GB of storage expandable via microSD up to 256GB.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- Dimensions: 146.30×70.41×9.55mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) built-in battery