Chinese smartphone maker Vivo today in China expanded its VIVO U series smartphone lineup with the announcement of the VIVO U3 smartphone. The device joins the VIVO U3X which is the rebranded U10 in the Chinese market.
The device is already up for grab via VIVO’s e-shop at CNY 999/$141 for the 4GB+64GB storage, while the 6GB + 64GB configuration carries a price tag of CNY 1,199 /$165. Vivo U3 is available only in three colors – Spar Blue, Agate Black, and Onion Blue, and is at the moment available only in China. The firm has yet to share availability details outside of China.
VIVO U3 Specs
The Vivo U3 is fitted with a large 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080×2340 pixels resolution, pixel density of 394ppi and 90.3 percent screen-to-body ratio. It gets a waterdrop-style notch with a 16MP snapper embedded in there for selfies, and video calls. On the flip side, the U3 flaunts a vertically-arranged triple camera setup with a 16MP snapper as the main camera. That is aided by an 8MP ultra-wide-angle-lens, as well as a 2MP macro unit for close-up shots. It offers Super Night View 2.0, and 4cm macro photography.
Other than the cameras, the U3 also gets a respectable battery cell – a 5000mAh battery complete with 18W Dual Engine Flash charging. The battery charges over a USB port, and not the modern USB Type-C port. Elsewhere, the device comes embedded with the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. And on the rear, it gets a fingerprint scanner, but also supports face unlock.
The OS of choice is Google’s Android 9.0 Pie with FuntouchOS 9.2 UI, as well as with Multi-Turbo and Game Space for better gaming performance.
Vivo U3 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 LCD screen
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 64-bit 11nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9.2 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.78 aperture, Sony IMX499 sensor, LED flash, 8-megapixel 120° wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.15 x 76.47 x 8.89 mm; Weight: 193g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging