Alongside the VIVO U3, Chinese smartphone maker VIVO earlier today announced a new Vivo Y3 variant for its home market. While the Y3 launched earlier in May is available only in 4 GB + 128 GB and 6 GB + 128 GB configurations, the latest variant brings on board a 4 GB + 64 GB RAM/storage combination, at a much cheaper price point.
The new Vivo Y3 with 4 GB + 64 GB storage will continue to co-exist with the 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, and the 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage is priced at 1,298 Yuan (~$184), and 1,598 Yuan (~$226) respectively.
Other than the additional storage combo, and a new Ink Blue and Red-Black gradient color, the new VIVO Y3 is largely the same as the variants with 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, and the 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage.
It boasts of a screen-to-body ratio of 89% and comes fitted with a 6.35-inch LCD with 1544 x 720 pixels resolution, and an aspect ratio of 19.3:9. Under the hood, the Y3 gets the Helio P35 SoC and boots Android Pie-based Funtouch OS 9.
You get a water-drop notch with a 16MP snapper up front, while there are a total of three cameras on the flipside. The camera specs include a 13MP main (f/2.2), 8MP wide-angle (f/2.2), and 2MP depth-sensing (f/2.4) modules. The Vivo Y3 got a massive 5,000mAh battery with 9V/2A Flash charging as well as support for OTG reverse charging.
Vivo Y3 specifications
- 6.35-inch (1544×720 pixels) HD+19.3:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.43 × 76.77 × 8.92mm ; Weight: 190.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Dual-Engine fast charging
- Ink Blue and Red-Black gradient color