Realme has released an update for the Realme 1 and U1 recently which brought Dark Mode for these smartphones. Since then, users have been requesting this mode on other Realme devices. Now, the much-requested feature is reaching the owners of the Realme 5 Pro via an OTA update.
The new firmware bears RMX1971EX_11.A.11 version number and also bumps Realme 5 Pro’s August 2019 security patch straight to the latest one available, October 2019. Interestingly enough, the update also introduces a cool camera feature that was only available in the Realme X2 and X2 Pro until now. It basically allows the user to record videos with the 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera.
Gizchina News of the week
Realme 5 Pro update changelog:
- Android security patch: October 5, 2019
- Added Dark Mode
- Added wide-angle video shooting feature
- Updated firmware version to optimize game touch experience
- Power optimization
- Optimized power consumption while 4K and 1080P@60FPS video recording
- Known issues fixed
- After-sales feedback HDR photo spot issue fixed
- Fixed repeatedly focus issue
- Fixed 1080p@60fps preview with green stripes while switching time-lapse photography and 1080p@60fps mode
- Optimized clarity in indoor and low light environments
As we can see in the changelog, several bugs in the camera have also been fixed through this update. The firmware is rolling out via OTA to a limited amount of users. If no critical bugs are found in this first phase, then a broader rollout will start in the coming days.