Back in the last month, the general manager of Xiaomi Ecological Chain, Xiaoheng, said that the first OTA system upgrade for the Mi Watch would arrive on December 3. Among the goodies introduced by the update, he stated that the new wearable would be contemplated with iOS support. Today, Xiaomi is showing great punctuality by delivering the first update for the Xiaomi Mi Watch. Besides the integration, the update also brings a ton of new improvements.
Interestingly, the update is rolling out along with the launch of Xiaomi’s Wear App for iOS. According to the company, the OTA should start shipping on December 3 in China. It will further optimize the pairing process because some users were complaining about the watch freezing when setting up for the first time.
Gizchina News of the week
Moreover, the update comes to fix notification issues regarding the Xiaomi Wear app. Xiaomi is also improving Weather functionality since the location information will not be automatically updated.
Mi Watch first update features:
iOS App online
- On-line iOS version of the Xiaomi Wear App to enhance the iOS user experience.
Optimize the pairing experience
- Takes care of the system lag after pairing for the first few minutes
Application market, watch market browsing, download experience optimization
- When the dial/app store downloads the app, it chooses WiFi. This also makes the download experience smoother.
Notification prompt repair
- The Xiaomi Watch still receives app notification after closing some apps. This new update will take care of this issue.
Sogou input method interaction optimization
- Sogou input method adds tutorials to guide users on how to switch input methods.
Weather targeting optimization
- Fixes non-refresh of weather location information
This is just the beginning of a long road of software support for the first Xiaomi-branded WearOS device.