The recently released Galaxy A51 will make its debut in India on January 29th. The confirmation came from Samsung itself, and although the teaser says that it is a new Galaxy A series phone coming, the microsite confirms that the phone is indeed Galaxy A51. Samsung is introducing its new 2020 Galaxy A phones in India with the A51. So it comes with high hopes of keeping the preference among Indian customers.
— Samsung India (@SamsungIndia) January 27, 2020
The Galaxy A51 was announced last month in Vietnam. The handset boasts a 6.5-inch Infinity-O (Punch-Hole) Super AMOLED display with a 20:9 aspect ratio and FHD+ resolution. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 9611 that comes paired with 8GB of RAM. The camera department is composed of a 48MP main camera paired with a 12MP 123-degree ultra-wide sensor, 5MP macro, and 5MP depth helper. On the front, the punch-hole serves a house for the 32MP front-facing snapper. The handset comes with Samsung’s Super Steady Video feature. It eliminates screen flickering when users record videos of a moving object or on the move.
Despite the mid-range nature, the Galaxy A51 also includes a premium in-display fingerprint scanner. Moreover, it has dedicated dual-SIM and microSD card slots. That’s a feature that will be very appreciated among Indian customers. The smartphone will be available in Blue, White, Pink and Black Color options. All of them feature a diamond-cut design with a gradient-like finish. The handset draws power from a 4,000mAh battery with 15W Super Fast Charging tech. Last but not least, it runs Android 10 OS with OneUI 2.0 running atop.
In Vietnam, the smartphone is available for around 7,990,000 VND (US$ 346). That’s around Rs. 24,485 in India. However, we can’t use it as a base for the final price in the Indian market. However, we’ll know everything in two days.
Samsung Galaxy A51 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED screen.
- Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72 GPU.
- 6GB / 8GB RAM.
- 128GB Storage.
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 12MP 123-degree ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture.
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos.
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9mm ; Weight: 172g.
- Dual 4G VoLTE.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging.