Today Xiaomi CEO, Lei Jun hinted via Weibo that there is still a lot of room for optimization of the camera module of Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. This is coming after OPPO Find X2 Pro scored equal points with the Mi 10 Pro on DxOMark.
It is interesting to note that the units of Xiaomi Mi 10 sent to DxOMark uses better optimizations than the commercial version. The DxOMark version comes with better autofocus in low light scenarios and better color adjustments for the HDR. Furthermore, it does not experience a purple tint on night scenes. Basically, the testing version is noticeably better in performance than the commercially available variant. Nevertheless, the company has released an update for the Mi 10 Pro takes brings all the features that the DxOMark version offer. In addition, Lei Jun also said that the corresponding firmware will be pushed to Xiaomi Mi 10 as soon as possible.
According to Zhang Guoquan, director of Xiaomi’s mobile phone system software department, it will be unfair for the Mi 10 Pro to get a lower initial score. The company only needs some time to make it better and that is what it is doing. According to Lei Jun, with some more tweaks, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro camera will do better.
XIAOMI MI 10 PRO / MI 10 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° (13MP 123° in Mi 10) ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10— 4780mAh (Typical) / 4680mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
- Mi 10 Pro — 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging