Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, will unveil the Redmi K30 Pro in an online event in a few hours. Nevertheless, it is interesting to note that this smartphone already has a landing page on JD.com. In fact, appointment for this device is already active, however, the official price is still unknown. According to Redmi’s general manager, Lu Weibing, this phone has nothing new to offer because the company has officially teased all its specs.
In terms of hardware, design, and camera, the Redmi K30 Pro will most likely do well. However, the downside to this device is that its display supports only 60Hz refresh rate. This is quite surprising considering that the lower Redmi K30 supports up to 120Hz refresh rate.
PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS OF THE REDMI K30 PRO:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, with dual-mode 5G, fast LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 flash memory;
- Super AMOLED screen (without any cutouts or holes) with a diagonal of 6.67 inches. Alongside a refresh rate of 60 Hz, a peak brightness of 1200 cd/m2, a contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1. And support for the HDR10 + extended dynamic range;
- main quad camera with a Sony IMX686 main sensor in 1/1.7-inch format with a resolution of 64 megapixels (9248 x 6944 pixels). Optical stabilization not only in the main module but also in the telephoto lens. Providing 3x optical and 30x digital zoom. The front camera will be retractable with damage protection, LED backlight (five colors);
- 4500 mAh battery with support for fast 33-watt charging;
- other features: protection against moisture according to the IP53 standard and an infrared port for controlling household appliances.
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10 operating system
In terms of pricing, there are speculations that the starting price of this device is over $500. According to a recent leak, this smartphone will have two models. While the 8GB + 128GB version will costs 3699 yuan ($521), the Redmi K30 Pro zoom version 8GB + 128GB costs 3999 yuan ($563). When we compare this price with the Redmi K30 3299 yuan ($465) starting price, this device is not cheap.