Despite the very disturbing situation in the world caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Samsung is not idle and is constantly issuing new smartphones. Not so long ago, the manufacturer showed the Galaxy M21 to the world, and a little later – the Galaxy A41. Today is the time for the “10 smaller” model, the Galaxy A31.
Samsung Galaxy A31 looks very elegant and minimalistic. On the front of the device, we have a small cutout in the shape of a water drop and a relatively large frame at the bottom, while at the back a quad-camera was mounted in the arrangement known among other models like the Galaxy S20.
Samsung Galaxy A31 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) (2x Cortex-A75 @ 2.0 GHz
6x Cortex-A55 @ 2.0 GHz) 12nm processor with ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 8MP 123° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Pay
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A31 can be described as a mid-range device. The manufacturer, unfortunately, did not specify which processor is in the described model, but according to its specifications, it is probably the MediaTek Helio P65. The quadruple rear camera should take really good photos and the relatively large battery with a capacity of 5000 mAh should last for a long period. It is also worth mentioning that the fingerprint reader is embedded in the screen and we have a 3.5 mm jack headphone output, which is now almost rare.
Price and availability
The Samsung Galaxy A31 certainly looks very interesting, but is its price equally interesting? Well, unfortunately, we have no information regarding the price yet. But probably in the next few days Samsung will release the veil of secrecy. The smartphone will go on store shelves in four colors: Crush Black (black), Prism Crush Blue (blue), Prism Crush Red (red) and Prism Crush White (white).