Honor, a subdivision of Huawei, today announced its top-of-the-range smartphone, the Honor 30 Pro+, it’s the best smartphone from the Honor brand until now.
We are talking about a smartphone with a curved AMOLED panel of 6.57 inches with a resolution Full HD+ at 90Hz and a 180 Hz touch sampling alongside a double-hole in the screen to host a dual selfie camera with a main 32 megapixels and 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensors. Obviously, under the screen, we have the fingerprint reader.
Honor 30 Pro +
On a hardware level, we have Huawei’s top-of-the-range SoC, the HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G 7nm SoC (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.86 GHz + Cortex-A76 @ 2.36 GHz + 4x Cortex-A55 @ 1.95 GHz + GPU Mali-G76 MP16 ). It’s paired with 8GB/12GB of LPDDR4X RAM along with 256GB of storage. We continue with a 4000 mAh capacity battery with a 40W fast wired charge and 27W wireless fast charge. Now we are going to its strong point, the photographic section.
Gizchina News of the week
The Honor 30 Pro+ integrates into its back configuration a quad rear camera. As a main sensor we have the Sony IMX700 1/1.28” of 50 megapixels with autofocus PDAF, laser and OIS. It is supported by an 8MP sensor in the form of a periscope that allows an Optical zoom of 5x magnification (50x magnification with hybrid zoom). In addition, we have the 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, and a depth sensor could not be missing. The device allows capturing images in RAW format with AI activated at 4K@60 FPS.
This configuration has allowed it to sneak second in the DxOMark benchmark, thus falling behind the Huawei P40 Pro, but surpassing other devices such as the Oppo Find X2 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro or the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G. The device arrives in China in black, green and silver at a local price in exchange for $700 for its 8GB/256GB version, and $780 for the 12GB/256GB version.
HONOR 30 Pro+ specifications
- 6.57-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED waterfall display, 90Hz refresh rate for Pro+
- Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor. With ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB storage / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with MagicUI 3.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 50MP camera with Sony IMX700 RYYB of 1.22μm sensor with f/1.9 aperture. 16MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro. 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x Hybrid Zoom, 50x digital zoom, 4K 60fps, 1920fps super slow-motion 720p, 960fps 1080p slow-motion
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP54)
- Dimensions: 160.32 x 73.61×8.63 mm; Weight: 186g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax. Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4000mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge fast charging, 27W Wireless charging for Pro+