OnePlus has finally unveiled its highly anticipated OnePlus 8 series. Both OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro came with everything you expect from a 2020 flagship. And if you wonder about their endurance, the famous highly anticipated torture test performed by the well-known YouTuber JerryRigEverything has arrived.
Through a series of tests on the durability and resistance of the devices, the Youtuber has emphasized the strengths and weaknesses of the new flagship smartphone of the Chinese house. In the video we see the man scratching the device in three different areas; from the screen to the cover to the camera module. The screen passed the test unharmed up to level 6 and managed to maintain its functionality; the merit is of the Gorilla Glass protection. The back cover also reacted very well.
The YouTuber has also carried out a combustion test, literally setting the device on fire. Incredibly, OnePlus 8 Pro came out unscathed, with only a white spot due to the high heat to which it was exposed.
The device is IP68 certified, so it can survive diving in water and large quantities of dust. The final obstacle that the flagship had to face was the famous “bend test”; Also in this case, the OP8 Pro device came out a winner.
Gizchina News of the week
Despite the higher than usual price of the OnePlus 8 Pro, the company offers a product that exceeds all expectations and that, this year more than ever, manages to fight on equal terms with the competition.
OnePlus 8 Pro specifications
- 6.78-inch (3168 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 120Hz 19.8:9 Fluid AMOLED display with up 1,300 nits brightness, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX689 sensor, f/1.78 aperture, LED Flash, 0.8μm pixel size, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, Dual Native ISO, 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with 119.7° ultra-wide lens and f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.44 aperture, 3x hybrid zoom and 30x Digital Zoom, OIS, 5MP color filter camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Audio 3D, Audio Zoom, OZO Audio
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.3×74.35×8.5 mm; Weight: 199g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4510mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A), 30W Wireless fast charging, Wireless reverse charging