Samsung has updated the entire Galaxy S20 series this month (including the Galaxy S20 Ultra), which not only includes the April security patch, but also improvements to the camera.
According to initial knowledge, Samsung has got the autofocus problem under control. However, in the last update, there was, unfortunately, a bug newly added.
This bug does not refer to the camera, but to the display of the Galaxy S20 series. Because the display has a slight green tint, which appears sometimes clearer for some users. The majority of the complaints concern the Galaxy S20 Ultra with the Exynos chip. Furthermore, the problem should only occur at higher refresh rates (120 Hz) and a display brightness of less than 30%.
Mainly, the users complained about the problem in some apps such as Samsung Pay, camera, calculator, Snapchat, telegram, PUBG: Mobile and Chrome.
Furthermore, some users report that the problem could be solved with the help of a factory reset. At the same time, this means that this is not a hardware defect, but a pure software problem. Samsung employees have not yet recognized the error. However, this is likely to change later and a software update will be made available.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; Weight: 220g (222g for 5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare