Back in March, Chinese manufacturer, Xiaomi, released the Redmi Note 9 Pro and the Pro Max model in India. While the Note 9 Pro went on sale a few days after launch, the Pro Max didn’t hit the shelve due to the pandemic. Nevertheless, Xiaomi has now announced that from May 12, the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max will be available for purchase in India. Recall that the Indian government recently relaxed the lockdown and non-essential items can now ship to certain areas designated “orange and green zones”.
Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD DotDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 465 A76 + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 465 A55 CPUs) with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor with f/1.89 aperture in the Pro Max model, (48MP Samsung ISOCELL GM2 with f/1.79 aperture in Note 9 Pro), PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP 2cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor, 4k 30 fps video recording
- 32MP (Pro Max) / 16MP (Pro) front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Splash-proof (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.7×76.6×8.8mm; Weight: 209g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NavIC, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging in Note 9 Pro and 33W fast charging in Pro Max
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max will be available in three memory versions. The 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB. These variants sell for INR16,499 ($220), INR17,999 ($240), and INR19,999 ($265) respectively. Well, the original price of the three variants was INR14,999 ($202), INR16,999 ($230), and INR18,999 ($255). However, due to the Goods & Services Tax (GST) hike, there is an increase in the price.