Realme has officially introduced its new flagship model X3 SuperZoom. The model, like other representatives of this series, makes the main bet on the design and the capabilities of the camera. As the name implies, the main advantage of the Quad-camera smartphone is the possibility of optical and digital zoom. An 8-megapixel periscope camera with optical image stabilization provides 5x optical and 60x hybrid zoom, thereby expanding the capabilities of the 64-megapixel main sensor and the 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor (capture angle 115 degrees). In addition, Realme has added a mode for “Astrophotography”, as part of the advanced Nightscape Pro Night Mode.
Realme X3 SuperZoom debuts with a 120Hz display and 60x hybrid zoom
Contrary to trends, Realme did not introduce this smartphone into the category of 5G smartphones, abandoning the use of not only the Snapdragon 865, but also the Snapdragon 765G. Instead, it uses the still strong last year’s flagship Snapdragon 855+ in conjunction with 12GB LPDDR4X RAM and 256GB UFS 3.0 ROM with Turbo Write technology.
Realme will try to unleash the potential of the fast hardware thanks to the 120-Hz IPS panel with Full HD + resolution, which includes a dual 32 + 8-megapixel front camera with a capture angle of 105 degrees. Well, the battery for 4200 mAh with 30W fast charging is responsible for autonomy here.
Realme X3 SuperZoom will be available in two colors: blue (Glacier Blue) and white (Arctic White). A pre-order in Europe will be open today, May 26, at a price of 499 euros (about $546). The start of sales is scheduled for June 2.
Realme X3 SuperZoom specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 10 with realme UI
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS. 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 aperture. 8MP periscope camera with OIS, f/3.4 aperture for 5x optical and 60x hybrid zoom. In addition to an 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 960 fps super slo-mo
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX616 sensor, f/2.5 aperture, 8MP 105° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 120 fps super slo-mo
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 1216 Linear speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.8×8.9mm; Weight: 8.9g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh battery with 30W Dart Charge fast charging