According to research company Omdia, iPhone 11 was the most popular smartphone in the first quarter of this year. This despite the fact that because of the coronavirus pandemic, there was a tense situation. The report said that in the first three months of the year, Apple shipped about 19.5 million iPhone 11.
iPhone 11 is currently the most popular smartphone in the world
With a huge lag behind the leader, the second place in the Omdia rating was taken by the Samsung Galaxy A51, the supply volume of which amounted to 6.8 million units. Next come the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphones, whose sales in the first quarter reached 6.6 million and 6.1 million units, respectively. The iPhone XR, which was the best-selling smartphone in the first quarter of last year, reached 4.7 million units in the first three months of this year. As for other current-generation iPhone models, iPhone 11 Pro shipments totaled 3.8 million units in the quarter (8th place) and 4.2 million units for the iPhone 11 Pro Max (6th place).
In the seventh-place we have the Galaxy A10s with 3.9 million units sold and the Galaxy A30s in the tenth place with 3.4 million units.
“For more than five years— even amid shifting conditions in the wireless market and the global economy— one thing has remained consistent in the smartphone business: Apple has taken either the first or second rank in Omdia’s global model shipment ranking,” said Jusy Hong, director of smartphone research at Omdia. “Apple’s success is the result of its strategy to offer relatively few models. This has allowed the company to focus its efforts on a small number of products that appeal to a broad selection of consumers and sell in extremely high volumes.”
Apple iPhone 11 specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792×828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps. 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording. With Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- Gigabit-class LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback